Monday, February 26, 2007

The HP Hedgie



Pattern: Huggable Hedgehog
Designer: Debbie Radtke
Size: Just Right for Allison's Harry Potter Bookcase of Love
Yarn: Knit Pick's Wool of the Andes in Daffodil and Hollyberry, Bernat Boa in Cardinal
Needles: 10.5, 24 inch circs
Started February 23, 2007
Finished February 25, 2007

Oh he is cute. The Boa is more of a flocked effect. I was going to hold it double but did not need to to get good coverage. I gave him to Allison yesterday. There was much squealing and squeezing of little HP Hedgie who will join HP Kitty.

In other knitting news I am nearly done with a 3rd Hedgehog. It's an addiction really, an addition to all things cute, cuddly and fuzzy. Third Time's The Charm Hedgie, just made that one up, is in Wool of the Andes Fog and Hush with Cello Eyelash in Magic Purple. The Cello is really long. I'm holding it double so the fuzzy factor is super high.

Third Time's The Charm Hedgie is for Tracy. I chatted with her Saturday night. We discussed the Offensive Hat for a bit and decided to go with CANCER SUCKS instead of F*&K CANCER. I'm knitting the larger size on size 7, 24 inch circs, will be moving to dpns soon. It's in Wool of the Andes Fog and Hush to match the Hedgie. I got to knit on Hedgie and the hat last night at an Oscar party. So fun.

In the meantime the Third Hedgie calls it's siren song.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

The hedgie turned out great and I like the change to "Cancer Sucks"...I wrote to the designer and received the pattern, but I might make the same change you did...we'll see.

Karen said...

I like the change too. While I really like the F*&^ Cancer design I can see why Tracy wants to change it. Good luck knitting your hat.