Saturday, March 10, 2007

Knitting Program and the Daisy Cake

I hosted a PEO meeting this morning. I also happened to be the program presenter. Our chapter has a really open ended theme this year so you can really just about pick whatever topic you want to present for your program.

I choose to talk about knitting and knit blogging.

I'd been thinking about what I wanted to talk about, the basics really. I made up a little crib sheet to help me remember what I wanted to talk about; types and composition of needles, types and weight of yarn, where to find instruction and patterns and most importantly to talk about knitting blogs in general.

The night before I set up a little display of some FO's and a few WIP's to have examples to share.
Not surprisingly the Hedgehogs were a huge hit. Everyone wanted to know about the hedgehogs, and the Kiri shawl. All told I'd say my little talk went well. Who knows maybe one of the ladies will pick up the sticks again after a long hiatus or try them for the first time.


Check out the swanky Daisy Cake my girlfriend Michelle of Sauer Cakes designed, baked and decorated for my meeting. It was White Almond Sour Cream cake with Raspberry filling. I asked for Marguerite Daisy's and for it to feed 10 to 15 people. It tasted fabulous, like good wedding cake. Thanks Michelle!

In knitting news I'm working on a felted Princess Hat for E out of New Knits on the Block by Vickie Howell. It's in Knit Picks Sierra in Rose and I want to say Lettuce?



In case there was any question as to the amount of fun we had talking knitting check out the aftermath. Ah yes a good time was had by all.

No comments: