Saturday, January 24, 2009

The State of My Knitting

I have new needles, a new book from the library and a new skein of yarn! Oh boy! Time to review the state of my WIP's. I just love my Ravelry Status Bars!

The Plastic Newspaper/Sale Bag Experiment is a year long project. Each week we receive two 'free' local papers and one set of sale circulars. All three arrive in plastic bags. I usually just save them with other plastic bags to recycle at the grocery store. But I wondered what I could knit with the bags over the course of the year. I'm still not quite sure of what I'm going to knit/fuse. So I'm collecting the bags for now.

2 Socks on 1 Circ! I have the book 2 at a time Socks by Melissa Morgan-Oakes from the library, might actually buy this one for my Library. This is my next project. I counted three knitters doing 2 socks on 1 circ at Knit Knite. I am very excited to try this technique. But I must be strong and finish up my Hedgewig's Hope Socks first. I'm not 100% sure of what yarn I will use or the pattern. Have a few ideas. Current sock first.

FSM Test Knit. This is a project for Dave. I ordered the Oobie Eyes yesterday. Once they arrive I can assemble the first two FSM's. The goal is 10 FSMs.

Bill's Rambling Rows. The continued plan is to knit one square between each FO. Slow and steady progress with nibble away at this beast.

I'm at the Heel flap for the Hedgewig's Hope second sock. I'm loving this knit. Love the yarn, love the needles, love the magic loop. Allison is excited about these socks, and the German OPAL HP Sock Yarn Ball Band.

I mentioned new needles and yarn. We went out this afternoon on multiple errands. I finally checked out The Yarn Shop in Pickerington. I bought a pair of size 4, 40 inch circs. Then we checked out Hobby Lobby for a skein of Paton's Stretch in Sugar for a 3rd Sweet Jaywalker. No yarn. Then tried the nearby Michaels. Jackpot. I'm not going to worry about dyelot. I had the completed socks with me and they looked fine with the skein I purchased. So that needs to go into the queue, to knit a sock on my 2.25 dpns so it matches my first sock. Oy.

Shoot. Just realized I did not look for the Winter 09 Vogue Knitting while we were out. Darn. Jared has a cabled glove pattern in the current issue. This pattern must be mine.

Must get back to the HP sock. It calls it's woolly siren song.

No comments: