Monday, March 09, 2009

Toe Up Socks


I'm making steady progress on my first pair of toe up socks, two at a time on two circs. I'm using size 2.25 mm 47" knit picks circs with Paton's Stripes sock yarn in Mulberry.

I'm enjoying the knit picks circs. Yes I still prefer the addi's but the knit picks are 1/3 the price of a pair of addi's. So it depends on how much you want to spend. I'm not crazy about the super long 47 inch circs for two circs at a time. It's just too much cable. I do think that 47" would be great for magic loop.

I'm loving 2 socks on 2 circs. Yes my current needles are a bit long but it's just so much easier. Yes getting started was a bit dicey. But I've done it once now and feel like I can improve for the next pair.

Magic loop is great, I love the old magic loop technique but I'm thinking that my less then then ideal intro to 2 socks on one circ from that hot mess of a book 2-at-a-time Socks by Melissa Morgan-Oakes soured me for 2 socks on one circ for some time.

For now I'm happy to work on the two socks on two circs technique. I'm slowly figuring out what works best for me for sock knitting. Two at once is definitely the way for me, no second sock syndrome. I'm trying a Fleegle heel on this toe up pair. But so far I'm not that thrilled about toe up. I am glad I'm trying it so I can feel like I can do toe up when the pattern calls for toe up. Otherwise I'm looking forward to trying two socks on two circs top down for the next pair of socks.

No comments: