Monday, February 22, 2010

Olympic Knitting and Whatnot.


My Noro Shoulder Holder that I started two days before the Olympics started. I was hoping to finish it right before the Olympics but did not quite make it, but had so much fun with this. I had 6 skeins to work with to get the stripes working. The stripes were a mix of luck, knots and yarn wrangling.


Knitting Olympics Cast On Party!!!!!!! Kim was a lovely and gracious hostess for our fab cast on party.


The Baby Yoda Hat for Baby E. I knit this the first weekend of the Knitting Olympics. The shower was the following Saturday and I had to take time out to knit this. The Dad to Be is a HUGE Star Wars fan, he has the Tauntaun sleeping bag. So fun. I hear the hat was a huge hit at the shower. I have one more to knit up for another Star Wars happy Dad to Be. Love the baby wave.



Olympic knitting the first of two Winter Twilight Mitts. I'm learning two color weaving mostly from help from Kim and from this video. It's a bit snug but I'm learning a new technique. I'm to the increases on the second mitt.



Check out my stash. This is it. Brooklyn Tweed's recent post on stash inspired me to post a current picture. I have a mix of LOVE yarn, nice yarn and I'll work through it yarn. I love my stash.

No comments: