Saturday, March 06, 2010

Housekeeping


Time to put down the Malabrigo and blog. This is my birthday weekend. We tend to celebrate birthdays all week at our house. I have several things to blog about but lets just start with the two skeins of Malabrigo worsted in Azalea that H and I bought at the Merc on my Birthday morning. I kept H in the stroller and let him hold the stuffed black sheep that lives near the front counter at the Merc. There was a sale going on but I only had eyes for the hanks of Malabrigo on the twirly, spinny thing at the front of the store.

The Malabrigo is going to be a Sweet Little Nothing (rav link). I'm doing seed stitch instead of 1x1 rib. I love this yarn. The only thing that would improve this knit is if I were knitting with addi turbos.

The Knitting Olympics!












I finished my mitts in plenty of time. This was a total team GK2 effort. Kim helped me learn weaving, Kristie flipped the chart, Jackie knitted up a pair of mitts as well, Ann designed our spiff GK2 Ravatars, and the GK2 team provided lots of support and motivation.



Winter Twilight Mitts (Rav project link)
Size 4 addie turbos
Knit Pick's Pallet in Asphalt and Iris heather


The mitts are a bit snug on my medium to large sized hands, but honestly I don't care. I loved the yarn, the pattern, and learning a new skill

I finished the mitts a few days before the Olympics ended. I just barely missed finishing a second project, that was never intended to be a Ravelympics project anyway. I knitted up a Modern Garden Cardigan (Rav link) in Wool Ease Thick N Quick in Cilantro on size 15 addi turbos. The needles are from the Grandma Janette stash and I love them.

The sweater came together quickly and was a fun knit. It fits me but not well. My sister was over for my birthday and I'd already decided that if it fitted her better it was hers.




Modern Garden Cardigan (Rav project link)
Size 15 addi turbos
Wool Ease Thick N Quick Cilantro 4.5 skeins

Let's just say that once she tried it on it did not come back off. Allie loved the sweater. I have already purchased more thick n quick and a pair of 13's with plans to mod a second go at this cardigan for me. It's an ingenious design, the shaping is in the leaf motif.




More birthday excitement. Check out the three pairs of mitts above. From left to right we have Jackie's Winter Twilight Mitt's, my mitts and Kristin's Endpaper Mitts. All three are in Palette. Nine members of GK2 met up on what just happened to be my birthday for a yarn filled adventure.



Apparently my backward loop cast on technique is well, different. Conversation stopped and I got quite a few stares at Knit Knite the night before. So different that I was asked to demonstrate my cast on.




We had a fun afternoon then I went back home to continue to celebrate my birthday with my family. But the picture above is a taste of how Knit Knite Ladies roll.

I had a great birthday. Great company, squishy yarn and my family, what more can a knitter ask for?

1 comment:

Jackie F. said...

SO glad you got to do all this on your birthday!! :-)