Saturday, January 14, 2006

Branching Out is Blocking

I'm done knitting Branching Out.

The scarf is currently blocking in the basement. I use my daughter's foam alphabet squares and quilt pins to block knitted items.

The picture to the left is the scarf just laying out on the foam waiting to be pinned. You can see that it extends from the K to the 1.

The picture to the right is the scarf all pinned up and starting to dry. The scarf still starts at the K but extends past the one and on to halfway into the Z.

Blocking lace is really amazing. You start with this shriveled up mass of stitches that wondrously morphs into this beautiful, open pattern.

I don't think I'm ready for another lace project any time soon. The Flower Basket Shawl still calls to me, but that may wait for awhile. That and I have to buy the pattern. I really need to be fresh and focused to work on lace otherwise I get tired and make mistakes, mistakes that take a lot of time to fix.

Regardless it was a good knit. I glad I gave it a go but I am really glad that it is finished, at least nearly finished.

I'm itching to cast on for My Hat of Choice.

No comments: