Sunday, March 12, 2006

Current Crumpets

I'm making progress on Crumpets. I've completed five beaded rows so far. The pattern creates a nice dense smocked fabric. I can see it getting heavy as it gets bigger.

I'm in a bit of a quandary about what yarn to buy for the FBS. I have a few ideas but can not decide between Shimmer, Shadow, Gossamer, and Alpaca Cloud. Maybe I should dye my own.

Dying my own yarn sounds like a fun plan. Now to think about colors.

You can get a glimpse of my titanium wedding band. Dave and I bought bands from Titanium Era way back in 2000. The cool thing about a titanium ring is that it is nearly indestructible. I can bless the house, do dishes, etc and not worry about hurting it like I do when I wear my diamond wedding set. It's nice to have options. The only really scary thing is that titanium is difficult to cut off. So if you can't get your ring off it's going to be a challenge to cut off. That does freak me out a bit but I would just stop wearing it if it started to get too tight to remove.

If you don't like Titanium Titanium Era now offers tungsten rings. That one bit of your finger would be well shielded from radiation.

No comments: