Thursday, March 23, 2006

Flower Basket Shawl Thoughts


The original plan was to take a picture of Mandrake just wearing the little FBS. Then E decided that Mandrake should wear her sunglasses. Then E started arranging her Carebears all around Mandrake.

The result is something along the lines of what you would get if Linus Torvalds and Michael Jackson mated. It's like Tux visiting Neverland Ranch. Dave, my
geeky husband, loved this picture so much he made it his desktop at work.

I'm making some progress on the Red Hart FBS. I'm pretty confident it will not block properly, which would make the edge pattern look pretty bad. I could just bind off at the end of a repeat.

The thing is I kind of like it unblocked. The yarn is so huge you can still see the pattern. I think it could make an interesting throw for the chair in the family room. I'm going to keep knitting and see what happens. I am glad that I'm test knitting in this big gauge and yarn, I'm still making errors but they are much easier to detect and fix.

I'm hoping I'll be able to dye the Color Your Own this weekend for the 'official' FBS.

In non knitting news I finally got a glimpse at the new Star Wars Transformers. I have a high school friend who is really into Transformers who told me about them a few months back. Both Boba Fett and Darth Vader look pretty cool.

No comments: