Thursday, March 09, 2006

It's A Project Planning Frenzy

I'm out of control. I finished Branching Out Two last night while watching HP4. It's still blocking today. After a slow start and a slower finish I never thought I would knit a second Branching Out. I'm thinking of giving Branching Out Two to E. It's really too short for an adult. It also matches her bedroom and might make a cute table runner for her little wooden table.

I called Interweave Press yesterday and ordered the Flower Basket Shawl pattern. Today I ordered Rouge online from girl from auntie. I love buying patterns in pdf format online. I'm still printing out all 19 pages of that pattern monster. It blows my mind that people finished Rouge for the Knitting Olympics.

I'm currently checking out KnitPicks for yarn. As much as I want to knit FBS in Socks That Rock I think I'm going to go with a less expensive yarn for the first go round. I have a feeling I'll want to knit FBS a second time. If the FBS is anything like Branching Out it will be more fun the second time around. It's interesting to read how many people repeat knit some patterns.

After some deliberation here are the main projects on deck for the next few months, at least as of right now.

  • Flower Basket Shawl
  • Rouge
  • Toe Up Two at a Time Socks
  • Halley's Comet Hat
  • Crumpets
I have Cotton Ease and beads for Crumpets. The beads I bought for Odessa match the Sugar Plum Cotton Ease quite well. I've seen Crumpets done as a cute little top instead of a full sundress, less stockinette that way. I like the idea of E wearing a short Crumpets with little khaki shorts this summer.

No comments: