Monday, January 29, 2007

Now Knitting...Even When Sick

Nothing like some under the weather knitting. E spiked a fever on Friday. After a weekend of watching Mulan and Mulan II over and over and over she is on the upswing. Dave and I still have chest congestion, oh the chest congestion. H wants to be held all the time but that's pretty normal for him.

I have an FO to share. A Pinwheel Baby Blanket out of Ruth Stash Acrylic for some little kitty or small doggy for the HollYarns & Creature Comforts Drive. It's red and fiesta held double. It's machine washable!


I'm thinking the next blanket is going to be a square. Something nice and simple.

After knitting up the blanket I started another modified Nantasket for a holiday gift giving coaster set. I dyed the yarn with Orange, Pink and Regular Lemonade on Saturday. It smelled really orange.



I'm getting really adept at starting a circular knit on dpn's. I start with a long tail cast on on only one needle then knit three, three then two stitches on the other three dpn's. The uneven numbers help me keep track of the row end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Karen, Just wanted to give you a heads up! The first knitted blanket to arrive at my doorstep is going to win 584 yard of my own handpainted fingering weight yarn! Looks like you are pretty much done with one!

Also, finally have buttons for Cyrano's Creature Comfort Drive!