Sunday, April 29, 2007

The Needle Stash


I've been meaning to post a few pictures of my Grandma Janette enhanced needle stash. I inherited a large number of straight needles from Grandma J and my Mother. I'm not a big fan of straight needles so they serve more as form then function. As you can see in the picture above I like Inox circs. Most were purchased for hats. I'd like to try out the giant plastic 1970's plastic needles, maybe with some fun thick and thin handspun art yarn.


Grandma J also gave me a number of circs. She seemed to prefer plastic and metal circs.


Lest you think my stash is all neat and tidy I give you a glimpse in to the knitting tool box of doom. It's filled with Mom's, Grandma J's and my various knitting and crochet things that don't really get used all that often but I can't bear to part with at this time.

I think I see my old latch hook tool over on the right. Oh that brings back memories.

I suppose if I were really motivated I would catalog each and every needle. I could create a needle database and storage system. That would be cool but I don't see that happening right now.

In the meantime I started a Charmed Knits House Hat for Allison last night. She does not know about this, it's a surprise. It's a delightful little knit, even if I'm working in Red Heart.

3 comments:

Just A Knit Wit said...

Wow, that's a lot of needles. But then again... all artists need tools.

I find myself using my straights for the weirdest things. Like yesterday. I used one to pry a deadbolt out of my door.

Susan said...

Hoo - wee! That's quite a collection.
Love all the felted bowls lined up on the shelf too.

Sourire11 said...

I have a ton of handed down, long, metal straights, too! I actually received them from my great-grandma when she was still alive - she gave me all of her sister's needles. It was really cool to have her give them to me and she was thrilled that they went to a good home...