Saturday, April 14, 2007

Strom Blanket Yarn Pr0n


Oh boy! My Knit Picks order arrived today. The weather today matches the yarn. Grey. Dave was saying he read we are in for more snow in the next few days.

On the left starting in the back we have Panache in Slate, Quarry in Luna Pearl, and Shamrock in Fitzpatrick. On the right from the back we have Wool of the Andes Bulky in Pewter, Wool of the Andes Bulky Hand Dye in Storm, Sierra(the label says Cadena new name in the works?) in Mist, and Twirl in Fog.

The plan is for this to become a log cabin blanket for Henry. "Hand wash yarn for a baby blanket are you crazy?" I suppose I am a little crazy. Yes I know I'm taking a risk, but life is full of risk and I have a vision for this yarn so I'm going to go for it.

Admittedly with all of the miter mania that is currently sweeping the knitting blogsphere I'm tempted to do miters. Maybe for another blanket.

In the meantime I have some yarn to wind into balls.

1 comment:

Emma said...

Wow, that's going to be a beautiful blanket. I love all the shades of gray!