Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Call of The Yarn Cake



The call of the Yarn Cake is almost as powerful as the Call of the Ravelry. E and I wound up a few more cakes tonight. It's so fun. The happy little cakes just call out to be knitted.


E and H are both fascinated by the new equipment. E is getting quite proficient at winding, with a bit of help.



I'm revisiting the Recycled Sari Silk bag. It was too shallow to actually use. So I have seamed up the v's a few inches on each side making the bag much deeper. I want to give the handle a bit more stability, it's really stretchy. The plan is to do applied i-cord around both outer edges. Now it's a matter of finalizing my latest Knit Picks order to get a coordinating yarn for the i-cord.

Not sure why but I felt the need to knit a cotton dishcloth. It's out of my system now. I'm thinking this could be interesting done up in a variated wool then felted.

Torchwood Season 1 and knitting call.

No comments: