Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Pre Thanksgiving Baking Goodness


Baked Chocolate Pumpkin Cupcakes I found over at Cafe au Laine with the kids this afternoon. I used one box of chocolate cake mix, approximately 16 oz of pumpkin puree, one egg, a few dashes of pumpkin pie spice and a few rotations of freshly ground nutmeg. I LOVE my nutmeg grinder. Fresh ground nutmeg takes your baking to eleven.

I had a little bit of batter left over and decided to try out the Three Minute Cake in a Mug recipe that I posted a few months back. I scooped about three or four scoops of the remaining batter into an average sized mug and microwaved it for three minutes.


The result was mind blowingly good. It was warm, it was fluffy yet dense, it was moist, it was just enough warm sweet chocolate goodness for the three of us while the cupcakes were baking.






What the mug cake was not was pretty. So not attractive, it came out in two big chunks. But it was delectable. Did I mention it took three minutes and was cool enough to eat in just a few minutes more. Oh it was good.


The cupcakes were not exactly pretty but they were tasty. If I wanted to spiff them up a bit I'd dust them with powdered sugar.

We went out shopping as a family after Dave got home from work this afternoon for all of the last minute Thanksgiving meal items. Allison is going to sleep in tomorrow and join us sometime after 10AM for a day of Thanks, Food, Decorating and Lounging. Part of me wants to go see Twilight, again. We shall see. I'm excited about cooking tomorrow.

A very Happy Thanksgiving to my Fives of Readers!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Happy Thanksgiving Karen to you and your family.From Mary in Southern Ohio