Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Belated Happy Mother's Day

First off a belated Happy Mother's Day to everyone. I spent this past weekend up in Cleveland, sans fam, celebrating the Singing Angel's 45th Anniversary Spring Benefit Concert. I have pictures, stories and just plain fun to share but not now.

I must brain dump my AI first impressions for J & J my knit knit AI buds. Must dish then sleep.

Danny Gokey - “Dance Little Sister Dance” by Terence Trent D’Arby

Danny if you seriously want a long term career as a vocalist PLEASE go see an ENT ASAP. Dude you can hear the damage happening live, it's painful. Please go see an ENT and then find a top notch vocal coach to help you with your technique.


Kris Allen - “Apologize” by OneRepublic

I must be the only person who had never heard of this song before. I did find a video of Miss Pole Dance World 2009 Felix Crane, performing to the song over at Gossip Candy. Honestly it's an impressive display of strength and flexability.

I thought Kris did a decent job, but the fleet of busses are coming for him.


Adam Lambert - “One” by U2

I'm not a huge U2 fan. I really wanted to hear "Wicked Game" tonight, oh well. Adam was off. I hate to say it but he was not stellar at the first listen. I'm wondering about the audio mix that was going on tonight. The guys were all wearing ear monitors tonight. Could they hear themselves?


Danny Gokey - “You Are So Beautiful” by Joe Cocker

See above.


Kris Allen - “Heartless” by Kanye West

Dave happened to be in the room for this one. I'd never heard the song before. Dave said it was typical Kanye and Kris really switched it up. I can see why Kris played the piano for one song and the guitar for the other. This showed range. I'd love to see an Adam/Kris finale.


Adam Lambert - “Cryin” by Aerosmith

Again not a stellar performance by Adam standards. Adam is competing with Adam and he had an off night. I usually love me some backup singer action but she/they were way to loud tonight. What was up with the mix tonight? Why did Adam take his ear monitor out? What is up there?

That being said even Adam on an off night rocks Aerosmith hard where Danny was simply full of fail last week.



I'm worried for Adam. Which is better for him, making the finals or bowing out before the finals? I would love to hear Adam and Kris duet, Krandem fangirls would explode in fits of squeeage but it would be very fun. Kris really got hosed by Danny last week during their duet. East coast lines are closed so all that I can do at this point is wait until tomorrow's elimination show.

In the meantime I need to look over Kris's itunes songs. Might just have to buy a few before they go poof.

No comments: