Sunday, December 28, 2014

Hello, old friend

Oh knit blog you are so neglected.

I could have sworn I did a 2013 Year in Review but apparently I did not.

I completed 23 projects in 2013 including one massive fingering weight garter stitch blanket, six sweaters, four hats, one cowl, one pair of mittens, four shawls, four toys, and two dishcloths.





This was a massive undertaking for me. I found Homage to a Square blocks I liked online and then attempted to recreate them as close as I could manage in Knit Picks Palette.  I'm in love with the blanket.  Oh and the squares are in chronological order in which Albers painted them starting with 1951 in the top left and 1969 in the bottom right.

Happy Knitting!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

These are so amazing! Any chance you have a pattern? I was thinking of making a blanket for my 8 month old daughter of just ONE of Albers' squares! Let me know and thanks so much. :)
Julie

Karen said...

Julie, I'm not over here much. Not sure if you will see this or not. The blanket is based off of this cowl pattern. Good luck! http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/albers-cowl