Sunday, December 31, 2017

Year in Review 2016 and 2017

Hello Blog.  Today is December 31, 2017.  Time to review my last two years of knitting.

First up 2016.

16 in 2016 and two of those were frogged projects. So really 14 FO's. Not a lot of knitting for me in 2016.

1 hat
1 sweater
3 cowls
2 mkal's one being Building Blocks by Stephen West size large.
3 shawls
3 pairs of socks
1 Hedgie for a dear soul who is no longer with us.

On to 2017

44 total projects.  One frogged and one is a wip.  I love the idea of 44 projects in 2017, yes for political reasons. Forever 44.

8 completed hats. One additional wip Brioche hat. 4 Pussy Hats. One marched in Washington, one mailed to the Yarnbomber for his Pussy Hat Instalation. I hear he is ill and wish him health.  One small Pussy Hat gifted to my sister for Little Frog. One more my daughter, because she told me she also wanted to be a Nasty Girl.

1 sweater for a dear little one.

1 Hedgie for the same dear little one.

9 total shawls.  2 Stephen West shawls including the Marled Magic mkal and Speckle and Pop. Wonder Woman, loved the movie had to knit the shawl. I knit two fade shawls, Find Your Fade and What the Fade.  I knit along with the Joji Mystery Wrap.  First bit of commission knitting for Yarnbyrds: A Yarn Truck.

2 cowls

6 earbud pouches

2 pairs of socks

11 dishcloths

1 Rosie the Hippo immediately renamed Fiona the Hippo becuase FIONA.

1 pair of long fingerless mitts for my daughter, who is a Freshman in High School.

That's 2017.  I have a Brioche hat on the needles that I have no desire to attempt to finish in a mad dash today. Loving Brioche. What the Fade really helped me find my Brioche mojo this year. I tried two other times over the years and struggled with Brioche. But now it clicks in my brain and I am in love.

Instagram and Ravelry continue to be my online knitting locations of choice.  IRL knitting, and yarn buying, included my first trip to Wool Gathering at Yong's Dairy with two knitting friends. My first trip to the Great Lakes Fiber Festival at the Wayne County Fairgrounds. Yarnbyrds: A Yarn Truck maid her maiden voyage in Westerville two summers ago, I think it was the summer before this past one. The Nest opened up this fall.  I took a yarn dying workshop at The Nest with Destination Yarn. Lots of fun. There are several newish yarn shops here in Cbus that I still have not checked out but hope to in the new year.

Knitting Goals for 2018.

More brioche.

Pad the stash with more DK and speckles.

Get out to local yarn shops.

Maybe take a workshop or class.

Continue to engage with fellow knitters on Instagram.

Continue to encourage new knitters.

I'm not going to pretend like I'm going to blog much this coming year.  See you later for the next Year in Review.


1 comment:

Robin said...

Wow, you were very VERY productive knitwise in 2017. How did you never go to Wool Gathering before, I love it and miss going there. I also like the Great Lakes Fiber Fest, less crowded and able to chat with the vendors. Also able to get up close to the alpacas. Where's the Nest? I hope I see you in April when I'm up in Cbus. Missing you