Tuesday, May 30, 2006

The Amazing Lace: Meet The Team

Welcome to In Knitting News.

My name is Karen and I'm knitting Reid from the Spring 2006 issue of Knitty for my three year old daughter Evelyn.

After a successful go at Branching Out and the Kiri Shawl I really wanted to do a bit more lace knitting. I found the Amazing Lace KAL and knew I HAD to do more lace knitting.

While checking out the current issue of Knitty Reid caught my eye . I already knitted three of Brooke T. Higgins's Tychus hats for Christmas presents last year. Brooke lives in Cinci, so there is the added fellow Ohio knitter bonus.

With Evelyn's help I bought six skeins of Patton's Grace in Taupe and one skein of Schachenmayr Catania in Chocolate. I had to buy a size D crochet hook, but had the circs in my needle stash. I cast on with size four, 24 inch Inox circs on May 12th. I just realized that I did not switch to size 5 circs. Hmm. To frog or not to frog. I'm three repeats into the back.


I don't have the best vision so charts can be a challenge. Thankfully Knitty patterns print up nice and big and clear. Here is a closeup of my little color coding job on the back panel chart. Simple color coding is a HUGE help for me when working with a chart.

Well you have met the team. I'm really excited to be knitting Reid this summer during The Amazing Lace.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Have fun with Reid! I just finished and I love it.

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness for color-coding -- I seriously wouldn't be able to follow charts without it.

Love this pattern!