Friday, September 08, 2006

The First Holiday FO


We have an FO! Dad's Christmas 2006 Hat is finished! It's a slightly modified Halfdome. I followed Puddock's directions to knit on circs instead of flat. I'm a big fan of hats in the round, really not crazy about seaming a hat.

The minor changes I made were color, I opted for a two tone color block instead of the thin band bottom due to yarn constraints. I used size 6 dpns instead of size 5's because I did not have 5's but had 6's. I also knitted the hat deeper then directed in an attempt to cover Dad's ears. We are talking Ohio winter and not San Francisco winter.

Overall I'm happy with the end result. Halfdome is a fun, easy rolled brim hat pattern. I'm thinking it will be a fun hat for Dad.

E and I checked out the LYS on Monday. I opted for cream colored Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran for Tracy's Chemo Hat Odessa. As much as I YARN LUSTED after a super yummy gray hank of Manos I just felt the Cashmerino Aran was softer and will be easier on Tracy's dome.

I am just now casting on for Odessa as I'm posting. The yarn is fab so far.

No comments: