Tuesday, August 21, 2007

What Was I Thinking?


Here is my latest felted bowl. First off the unfelted pic. The pattern is the Seed Bowl. I modified the pattern slightly, did stockinette instead of garter for the base square. It's knitted in Wool of the Andes in Coal, a bit of recycled sari silk that just gets lost in all of the purple Butterfly Kisses eyelash. I really just need to step away from the eyelash/fun fur, unless it's to knit up another Hedgie.


All felted up it looks like some sort of purple sea anemone. It's not as odd looking in real life. The fuzzy texture is moderately interesting. The pictures do not do the little flecs of silk justice. I'm chalking this one up as a learning experience. Yes I need to step away from the eyelash. Regardless I still like the bowl.


I'm making progress on two recycled plastic bag bags. The thicker bags are proving to be really hard on the hands to knit with, a medium to lightweight bag is much easier to knit.

No comments: