Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Recycled Sari Silk Bag


The first of two recycled bags is finished. My first go round with Unbiased pretty much produced an unusable bag. I thought about it for awhile, checked out other Unbiased on Ravelry and decided to seam up the center seam more and then do applied i-cord around the outside edges of the bag.

The i-cord gives the bag a much more substantial and less stretchy feel. I find that this bag is now usable as a bag.

Now to finish up it's recycled plastic bag counterpart in time for Earth Day 2008 as planned!

3 comments:

Just A Knit Wit said...

Excellent! I love the recycled sari silk yarn. Never knit with it, but I adore the look and feel.

Sourire11 said...

I'm with just a knit wit - I've never knit with the recycled silk but I love how it looks! Thanks for sharing your modifications to the pattern!

ALMZ said...

Ooo it's beautiful Kare! I love it! I also never noticed how pretty your fire place is... =]
Yay for Earth day!