Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Happy Earth Day 2008



As promised here are the Recycled Sari Silk and Plastic Bag versions of Unbiased. I set a goal to finished both of them by Earth Day 2008 back last August. I'm happy to report I finished a few days ahead of schedule.

Regarding knitting with plastic bags. The thicker bags are more difficult to knit, they are hard on the hands. After struggling with several heavy bags I switched to only medium and a few light weight bags.

I have a great link for cutting the bags into one continuous strip but I can't google it for anything right now. I'll try to find it and put it in here. There are several methods and this one worked for me.

While I'm pleased with the outcome I really don't have any desire to knit with plastic again anytime soon. I'm enjoying getting back to wool for H's Weasley Sweater.

Happy Earth Day!

No comments: