Thursday, June 05, 2008

Quick The Hedgie


Now that's what I'm talking about. Actual knitting content. Cute FO pictures! Oh boy. Behold Quick the Hedgie, my latest Hedgie Love creation. I included the left over yarn in the above picture. Remember I started with two 50g skeins of Wool of the Andes, the blue for the tummy and the black for the paws and back, and one skein of Lion Brand Fun Fur Solids.

If I can find the fun fur on sale I can make a Hedgie for somewhere between $6.00 to $8.00, the eyes are under $2.00 for a pack of 6 as are the noses, polyester fiberfill is fairly inexpensive, an average sized bag will fill oh at least 6 to 8 Hedgies.


Of course I have to include the obligatory Hedgie sitting on the Harp picture. I really like using tweeds for the tummy, it gives the tummy more dimension. Yes it's hard to see in my pictures but there is slight marbling, a nice variation of color in the tummy.

In other knitting news my first knitted string bag is coming along very nicely. I really like the Bernat baby cotton, it's actually soft and pretty easy on the hands.

In Tracy news I talked with her today. She sounded really good. She was the most alert and clear that I've observed in weeks. She is tired but lucid. Please continue to pray, send thoughts, etc for her.

No comments: