Saturday, August 09, 2008

Day Two


Nice lazy Saturday at home today. Knitted 2 more repeats on each sock. Watched gymnastics, some sand volleyball, a special on the Opening Ceremonies and swimming. Really enjoying both the knitting and the Olympics.

This is only my fifth set of socks. Let's see the Lion Brand Magic stripes that were meh, then my Lorna's Laces Jaywalkers that pooled, then the Knit Picks Essential Multi yoga socks that were a hit and then the felted fuzzy feet, which are essentially socks. The fuzzy feet are warm and fuzzy but need some sort of traction on the soles for safety, they are still a win. So really not that many socks.

Oh there was one tube sock, ie no turned heel sock that I knitted YEARS ago as a little girl. It was not amazing. Ah memories.

I don't like second sock syndrome and I'm just not ready for two socks at once on circs. Hopefully I will get there someday, just not today. For now two socks on two sets of dpn's and alternating between them is working quite well. I'm enjoying this sock knitting experience so far. I'm getting close to being done with the leg then it will be heel time!

Edited to add that I ended up getting to five repeats on both socks!

No comments: