Sunday, August 10, 2008

Noooooooooo!


Look Progress! Two Heel Flaps.


Noooooooo! Frog Time!

Had a bit of a rough day of knitting. Not all bad but not all good. I finished the last pattern repeats on both socks, had to tink back a bit on the second, more on that later. Then I knitted both heel flaps and turned the first heel with no issue.

During the second heel turn things turned ugly. I was two stitches short. Arg. The turn was not centered on the heel flap. Did some stitch counting and comparison to the first sock.

I missed the row nine yo's in the last pattern repeat. As a result the stitch count is off for the entire sock. Eight stitches off will screw up your pattern.

There was only one thing to do. A controlled frog back to the leg.

I've tinked back to the row in question. I am ready to start the heel flap for a second time. Having the other sock to use as a comparison helped. I'm enjoying this system for knitting socks, alternating between them.

In Olympic news we watched off and on all day. Dave and E went out to buy a digital TV converter box. We went from 7 snowy channels to 11 mostly clear but sometimes sluggish channels. We might look into a stronger antenna to hopefully improve reception of the digital signal.

No comments: