Saturday, October 04, 2008

Cobblestone Progress

First off Allie and Nicholas got to chat with Dan a SECOND time during their NYC visit. They waited for several hours in the nippy fall air for Dan to sign after his Thursday show. Their patience paid off and Nicholas was able to get Dan's signature on an 8x10 of one of his pictures from Tuesday. So Dan will join Hugh and Tim on the hallway of signed pictures and coo coo clocks. I'm somewhat patiently waiting to be summoned to their place to see pictures and sigs.



Now on to Cobblestone progress pictures!!!!!!!!!  I followed the pattern unmodified up to the neck but the neck opening looked way too small for Dave's noggin.  So I frogged back and took out the last decrease row and went from there with 84 stitches for the neck.  I cast off and had Dave try on the sweater.



Holy Cow it fits.  Ok, it's not perfect but it fits him.  I am very excited.  I'm just not thrilled with the neckline.


There is some play in the 84 stitch neck.  The plan is to frog back to the garter stitch then knit an additional half inch of garter then do the final decrease row bringing the stitch count down to 76 and then knitting the rolled collar.  I hope that will bring the collar up and around the neck a bit more, but not too much.  I do not like how the collar currently pulls flat and is all stretched out.  I'm confident I can tweak the collar a bit more.  Dave seemed pleased with the progress.

No comments: