Saturday, October 18, 2008

Fall Socks


Well we attempted a trip north this weekend.  We did get to visit with Tracy's Mom for a bit on Friday.  Friday night E was throwing up and H's cough was worse. So we headed home earlier today.  So no CP and no getting to see our friend J's TRIPLETS.  Seriously the cute is to 11 and I wanted to see them so bad.  Thankfully E and H seem to be perking back up, at least a bit. It's s so not fun to see your kids sick.  

I started the above Embossed Leaves sock in Paton's stretch sock in Olive on size 2 dpn's yesterday.  It took a few tries to get the cast on correct.  I learned how to do a 1x1 ribbed/tubular cast on.  Between Youtube and written directions I am rocking learning new cast on's.    

The Paton's Stretch Sock is nice for the price point.  I'm not thrilled with the yarn but it's sort of stretchy, a bit like Rowan Calmer but not as nice.  The colors remind me of the leaves here in Ohio right now.  So far a few minor mistakes but nothing horrible.  I'm excited for the toe, it's more of a hat like decrease then a paired decrease like most socks I've knitted so far.

No comments: