Thursday, January 15, 2009

Another Meme

Found this one over at Stitching My Stress Away.

This has been going around the blogosphere for some time. Play along if you’d like by bolding the items you’ve done:

1. Started my own blog several

2. Slept under the stars

3. Played in a band Elementary and Middle school, flute, badly.

4. Visited Hawaii

5. Watched a meteor shower several times over the years.

6. Given more than I can afford to charity at times.

7. Been to Disneyland/world No but stayed with a family my freshman year of college during a choir tour in Florida where the Dad was an accountant at WDW and his computer was hooked up to the Disney mainframe, that was back in 91.

8. Climbed a mountain

9. Held a praying mantis A dead one in a band-aid box for 10th grade biology class, it freaked me out.

10. Sung a solo many over the years.

11. Bungee jumped

12. Visited Paris Allison and Dad have.

13. Watched lightning at sea

14. Taught myself an art from scratch I suppose knitting does not count, many others helped me along the way.

15. Adopted a child No but adoption is beautiful.

16. Had food poisoning YES

17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty No but have been to Ellis Island.

18. Grown my own vegetables Yes

19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France Allison has.

20. Slept on an overnight train Ahem not a lot of sleeping was going on. cough. Oh look yarn!

21. Had a pillow fight Yes

22. Hitchhiked

23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill Probably at some point.

24. Built a snow fort

25. Held a lamb Lots of lamb petting at various zoos.

26. Gone skinny dipping

27. Run a marathon

28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice

29. Seen a total eclipse Pretty sure yes.

30. Watched a sunrise or sunset So pretty.

31. Hit a home run Me? Oh goodness no. I can hardly hit the ball.

32. Been on a cruise

33. Seen Niagara Falls in person So pretty. The Maid of the Mist is fun and wet.

34. Visited the birthplace of my ancestors

35. Seen an Amish community I grew up in Rural Ohio, I've seen and interacted with Amish.

36. Taught myself a new language By myself? No. Studied Spanish, Latin and Mandarin in school and college.

37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied

38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person Pretty sure Dad has.

39. Gone rock climbing

40. Seen Michelangelo’s David Allison has, he is gorgeous.

41. Sung karaoke I do one song, Tracy was a bit of a Karaoke hog, she sang all the good songs.

42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt

43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant

44. Visited Africa

45. Walked on a beach by moonlight I have a vague childhood memory, this was before Allison was born, of being on a beach at twilight with Mom and Dad.

46. Been transported in an ambulance

47. Had my portrait painted I would say having it done in pastels counts.

48. Gone deep sea fishing

49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person

50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris I know Dad has.

51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling

52. Kissed in the rain Fun!

53. Played in the mud Fun!

54. Gone to a drive-in theater Sounds fun but I've never been.

55. Been in a movie Been on TV. WOIO Channel 19 Christmas Special sometime in the 1980's as a Cleveland Singing Angel I want a copy of that show so bad.

56. Visited the Great Wall of China

57. Started a business

58. Taken a martial arts class

59. Visited Russia

60. Served at a soup kitchen

61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies Mom was a Captain one year, tons of cookies!

62. Gone whale watching

63. Got flowers for no reason Yeah!

64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma Yes, need to do this again. Allison worked for Red Cross for a few years. Blood is life.

65. Gone sky diving

66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp I've been to Auschwitz. Yes it's as intense as you might imagine. Yes I have pictures. No I won't post them.

67. Bounced a check At some point yes.

68. Flown in a helicopter

69. Saved a favorite childhood toy Molly and a few others, ok more then a few others.

70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial Amazing monument.

71. Eaten caviar

72. Pieced a quilt Strip Quilting, and been to an Apostolic Women's Quilting Bee, fascinating.

73. Stood in Times Square Several times. So much energy so much excess so much excitement.

74. Toured the Everglades

75. Been fired from a job

76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London

77. Broken a bone Yes, not fun.

78. Been on a speeding motorcycle

79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person I'd love to see the Grand Canyon in person.

80. Published a book

81. Visited the Vatican Dad has, he was there for the white smoke many Popes ago.

82. Bought a brand new car With Dave.

83. Walked in Jerusalem

84. Had my picture in the newspaper Several times over the years.

85. Read the entire Bible

86. Visited the White House Been past but not in. Allison's been on the tour, pre 9/11 very spiff. I'm so excited for our new First Family!

87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating

88. Had chickenpox Oh goodness yes.

89. Saved someone’s life You never know.

90. Sat on a jury

91. Met someone famous Several over the years.

92. Joined a book club Several, facilitated one for awhile.

93. Lost a loved one Too many.

94. Had a baby Two!

95. Seen the Alamo in person

96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake

97. Been involved in a law suit

98. Owned a cell phone Twice!

99. Been stung by a bee At least once, and a yellow jacket at least once.

100. Rode an elephant

No comments: