Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Disco Inferno

And no one really burned the mother down.

Ok American Idol blather from yours truly. I actually let E stay up late and watch AI with me. Dave even emerged from the basement to see a bit of Kris, we have a strange love for Cajons in our house, and Allison, more on that later.


Lil Rounds - “I’m Every Woman” by Chaka Khan

Lil, please go home tomorrow.

Kris Allen - “She Works Hard For the Money” by Donna Summer

Kris is officially my Solid #2 pick for AI. Fab arrangement, very TOMT like from a few weeks ago. The Cajon is back! Kris sounded great. I thought the Shopping in the Women's Section judge banter was hilarious.

Danny Gokey - “September” by Danny Gokey (I'm getting this from MJ's Big Blog, don't think this is quite right.)

The less I say about Danny the better. He did a decent job, did not crash and burn but was not on fire either.

Allison Iraheta - “Hot Stuff” by Donna Summer

Oh my. Dave heard this one. His basic comments were, no power, I countered with lack of breath support. That corset was not doing her any favors for fashion or for proper breathing technique. Under pitch, oh goodness. The last riff was painful. I think Dave was disgusted by the pimptastic judging. He went back downstairs to the man cave and did not emerge until Adam's judge comments. Allison already won a recording contract why is she not using it already? Maybe Disney will sign her and do the Disney thing to her.

Adam Lambert - “If I Can’t Have You” by Yvonne Elliman

Dare I say I was a bit underwhelmed with Adam's song choice and performance? He is still by far my favorite and I will follow his career closely if he wins or not.

I read earlier today that there is a new set of Idol Q&A's out. Adam was asked what one song would you like to perform on AI. I can't remember the name now but it's classic Led Zeppelin. I know next to nothing about Led Zeppelin so I told Dave the name and showed him the youtube results I found. Dave actually got a bit excited at the song suggestion. "Adam would rock insert name I can't remember at the moment." I had a live 1976 version playing on youtub. Dave ushered me downstairs to listen to his copy. I still did not recognize the song, sounded like classic, meandering Led Zeppelin to me.

I'm feeling like Adam played it safe tonight. Yes he can rock a ballad, we know that. I would like to see some more amped up full on bejeweled, hip gyrating theatre. Just don't think we are going to see that on the AI stage. I'd like a stage show. I must find the article that came out recently interviewing producers from The Zodiac Show who said even they had to reign in Adam a bit. Something about a flaming headdress that would not be safe. Hello Fire Marshal!

Matt Giraud - “Stayin’ Alive” by the Bee Gees

Oh Matt why did they use the save? I watch Matt and I see a JT cover band.

Anoop Desai - “Dim All the Lights” by Donna Summer

Nice job Anoop. I hope Anoop sticks around a few more weeks.

What was up with the guys and the scruffies? Looked like everyone but Adam was rocking the 5 o'clock + shadow.

My picks to go home are Lil and Matt. Danny is not going anywhere. Anoop will hopefully stay around a bit longer. My hope is for an Adam/Kris top two.

In knitting news I'm making progress on Green Gable. I hope this sweater fits. I checked out green flip flops online at Old Navy today. That could be fun to go with the sweater.

No comments: