Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Disney Week?

The online rumors are that AI's theme next week is Disney. Here is a list of the top 100 Disney songs, is this the definitive list? I don't know. It's somewhere to start.

Since I did such a
craptastic job predicting songs of 1982 for Adam this week I'm having another go for Disney week.

Ok here we go. Remember this is me being indulgent. Good chance Adam won't do any of these. I get a bit ridiculous with my list. It's kind of like being out doing karaoke with people who can actually sing. How about you do...


95) "Sing, Sweet Nightingale" (Cinderella)

One of my favorite Cinderella songs. I love how the pampered, nasty step sisters sing the song then Cinderella comes in with her easy, lilting tones all drab and domestic but graceful and beautiful.


81) "The Ballad of Davy Crockett" (Davy Crockett, King of the Wild Frontier)

. I actually like this song.

79) "He's a Tramp" (Lady and the Tramp)

The Dog who sings this in the movie has massive eye and rump action going.

52) "Poor Unfortunate Souls" (The Little Mermaid)
.

36) "I'll Make a Man Out of You" (Mulan)

Donny Osmond Power Ballad all the way! Now I want to listen to that song that Donny Osmond did with Dweezil Zappa, but I can't find it on youtube.

I'd love a Zappa night on AI, it will never happen, Frank is unfortunately dead. Now I want to listen to The Yellow Shark, we have it around here somewhere, loved Zappa's later orchestral work.


After watching the Mulan video how about an Osmond theme show? You know Donny would love to be a mentor to the contestants. Adam could sing Solider of Love or Puppy Love.

Adam won't do this one, but it would be cool to have male back up singers singing "Be a Man" behind Adam.


35) "Cruella De Vil" (101 Dalmatians)



16) "Someday My Prince Will Come" (Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs)



5) "Part of Your World" (The Little Mermaid)

This ties in with Black and White, and Mad World, the idea of inclusion and equality.




Ok that was a train wreck but I had fun. I am curious to see what the contestants pick for next week. Making up lists of potential songs is fun.

In knitting news I felted the Flocked Hedgie. The boa did not fare well, it's sort of pilled, it lost a bit of it's luster. I'm not pleased but the Hedgie is not a total loss. I'm going to try to trim it up a bit. We shall see.

No comments: