Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Rat Pack

I actually watched Ocean's 11, the original and the remake for the first time a few months ago. I enjoyed both versions. It was fascinating to see old school Vegas and just how far we've come as a society regarding race relations, not that there is still a long way to go.

So here we go and yes there will be knitting content at the end.

Kris Allen - “The Way You Look Tonight”

Going first really does not help does it. Wow. Kris is so cute and so pleasant and so nice to listen to but this did not wow me. Last week was wow factor, this week, oh I don't know. I am looking forward to hearing the studio version.

Allison Iraheta - “Someone to Watch Over Me”

I read a lot of buzz online about how Allison should sing this song, and she actually sang this song. It was nice to see and hear Allison dialed back at least a little bit.

Matt Giraud - “My Funny Valentine”

Up and over the note Matt, come on now. Sigh. Why did they use the save again?

Danny Gokey - “Come Rain Come Shine”

I love "Come Rain or Come Shine" it's a favorite of mine and I don't ever want to hear that rendition again, ever.

Adam Lambert - “Feeling Good”

Yes it was theatrical. You are going to love or hate Adam, much like Danny. Both are polarizing. MJ's Big Blog says this is the Muse version. I know next to nothing of Muse other then they were on the Twilight soundtrack and apparently the tweens love Muse.

The long sustained note? Yes that was showing off, showboating if you will.

But Adam worked that entrance , he owned those stairs. I loved the white suit. I think we saw a bit more of the self assured Adam during judging. I'm really excited to hear the studio version.

Oh and Kara, skanky?

Ok knitting news. I'm making progress on Green Gable. It's nearly to my navel. I should have enough yarn. I do have some more but it's a different dye lot, but I could use it for the ribbing so a slight color difference would not be a big deal as long as it is consistent.

No comments: