Saturday, May 15, 2010

Knitting Check List

Found this on Ravelry. Let's have a go.

Bold for stuff you’ve done, italics for stuff you plan to do one day, and normal for stuff you’re not planning on doing.

Afghan several lap sized ones
I-cord both applied and regular. Love I-cord
Garter stitch
how can you not at some point?
Knitting with metal wire
Shawl Working on #4 right now. LOVE!
Stockinette stitch Again how can you not at some point?
Socks: top-down
Socks: toe-up
Knitting with camel yarn
Mittens: Cuff-up
Mittens: Tip-down
Don't think I've done mittens tip down yet.
Hat About all I knitted between 1995 and 2000.
Knitting with silk
Moebius band knitting I have by mistake. The famed mobius cast is on my list.
Participating in a KAL KAL's can be super fun! Don't do quite as many now that I'm on Ravelry.
Sweater Several over the years.
Drop stitch patterns Can we say The Clap?
Knitting with recycled/secondhand yarn
I've knitted with plarn but not with recycled yarn.
Slip stitch patterns
Knitting with bananafiber yarn
Domino knitting (=modular knitting) I want to learn this!
Twisted stitch patterns

Knitting with bamboo yarn
Two end knitting I don't know what this is but I'd like to find out.
Charity knitting Yes
Knitting with soy yarn
Cardigan
Toy/doll clothing
Some of my first projects were sweaters for my teddy bear.
Knitting with circular needles Of course.
Baby items Fun!
Knitting with your own handspun yarn Not yet, someday just not now.
Slippers Love!
Graffitti knitting: knitting items on, or to be left on the street That sounds fun!
Continental knitting I'm slow.
Designing knitted garments I'm working on it.
Cable stitch patterns Oh yeah!
Lace patterns More please
Publishing a knitting book Would be fun to do eventually.
Scarf
Teaching a child to knit Working on it.
Knitting to make money Been there tried that. As the Men on Film say "Hated it."
Button holes

Knitting with alpaca
Fair Isle knitting

Norwegian knitting Not yet I don't think.
Household items: dishcloths, washcloths, tea cosies…
knitting socks- or other small tubular items- on two circulars
Dying with plant colours This would be interesting.
Knitting items for a wedding Trying to remember if I have...
Olympic knitting Three time Knitting Olympian
Knitting with someone else’s handspun yarn
Does recycled sari silk count?
Knitting with dpns
Holiday related knitting Yes, need to cut back.
Teaching a male how to knit Husband
Bobbles One word. Dalek.
Knitting for a living
Knitting with cotton
Knitting smocking Crumpets
Dying yarn Fun!
Steeks Companion Cube
Knitting art
I have ideas.
Fulling/felting
I have Hedgie Fever!
Knitting with wool
Textured knitting
Kitchener BO Yes, but I always have to look it up.
Purses/bags
Knitting with beads Odessa and Crumpets
Swatching
Long Tail CO

Entrelac Knitting and purling backwards
Machine knitting
Not really into buying an expensive machine.
Knitting with selfpatterning/selfstriping/variegating yarn Love
Stuffed toys LOVE
Knitting with cashmere Does a blend count?
Darning
JewelryKnitting with synthetic yarn
Writing a pattern Sort of
Gloves Had one go terribly wrong ages ago, does that count?
Intarsia
Knitting with linen
Knitting for preemies
Tubular CO I suck at Tubular CO!
Freeform knitting It sounds fun!
Short rows
Cuffs/fingerless mitts/armwarmers
Pillows
Knitting a pattern from an online knitting magazine
Rug Trying to remember, pretty sure I've done something rug like.
Knitting on a loom
Thrummed knitting

Knitting a gift
Knitting for pets Kitty Pi
Shrug/bolero/poncho
Knitting with dog/cat hair (my kitties hair slips in :-)) No thank you.
Hair accessories
Knitting in public Whenever Possible