Saturday, February 04, 2012

Flurries Cowl

Greetings!  Thanks to a heads up from my Knit Knite Bud Kristie I'm participating in the Feministy The Great Cowl KAL.

I'm stashdiving for this KAL.  Check out this Grandma J Stash ball of old school Bernat 50/50.  It's a wool acrylic blend sport weight.  It has a nice feel to it, soft but not squeaky at all.  I love that I could find a small project for this yarn. I even had a bit left over to keep in the stash.





Here's the completed cowl.  (Ravelry project page)  The kids and I raided my button stash for buttons. They are a bit too big, but I was honestly not planning on doing the suggested eight buttons.  It's a fun little cowl.  This was my first even remotely successful attempt at Brioche stitch.  

There is still time to head on over to Feministy.com to knit up a Flurries Cowl by 2/8/2012 8PM CST to receive the next pattern in the KAL for free.  The next pattern is A Very Good Cowl Indeed.  Looking forward to it.

Happy Knitting!

No comments: